Probably you have read my post about Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 previously and I mentioned that I might buy it. But in fact, I bought Samsung Galaxy S II. After got some information from friend and googling, I want to share few tips and tricks about it. Hope it helps you.
Delete Quick Search Google
- Click the Menu button
- Click Settings
- Choose Applications
- Choose Manage Applications
- Click on Menu and then choose Filter
- Select All in the filter options list
- Find Quick Search Box in the list and choose it
- Tap the Clear Data box
Add your own MP3 for Ringtones, Notification and Alarm
- Open My Files > Sounds
- If there is no Sounds folder, then create folder Media from root
- In Sounds / Media folder, create folder Audio
- Open Audio folder
- In Audio folder, create folders Alarms, Notifications and Ringtones
- Copy the MP3 into each those folders
Now you can set your own ringtone, notification and alarm.
The USB Storage Settings
- Start with the phone disconnected
- On the phone, go to Settings > Wireless and Network > USB Utilities
- Select “Connect storage to PC” and Connect the USB cable
- Open DejaOffice and tap Sync
- When the PC sync completes, select “Disconnect storage from PC”, or tap the OK button in DejaOffice (More info)
Hard Reset to Factory Default Settings
This may help and only advisable if experiencing frozen or hang up problems when using or opening some applications you previously installed on it.
Take note this will delete all data from the Samsung l9100 Galaxy S II as a result of this procedure. This process may or may not delete the data stored on the microSD memory card. Ensure to make a back up a copy of all important data before proceeding.
First do try to factory data reset the phone through the main menu settings.
- On the main home screen, just select MENU
- Select SETTINGS, then select PRIVACY
- Select FACTORY DATA RESET
- Select RESET PHONE
- If the password is required,enter it. Then confirm by selecting ERASE EVERYTHING
IF the phone is hang up or frozen, Try to turn it off first and do a hard reset through key combinations.
- If your Samsung Galaxy S II is frozen, Shut the POWER OFF, take the battery out and put it back again.
- Hold the Volume Down button
- Briefly Press and release the Power button
- A menu will then appears that let you allows for Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock
- Select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down button
- Quickly Press and release the Power button
- Select Volume Up for YES and Volume Down for NO
If the above procedures doesn’t work. try this another method:
- Turn the POWER OFF, pull the battery out and put it back again.
- Simultaneously press the Volume Up, Home and Power button
- If the Samsung Symbol appears, release the Power button
- A Boot Menu will then show, Use the volume up/down to choose and home to select.
Wait ’till the process completes, Once the wipe is completed, the Samsung Galaxy S II l9100 will then reboot. All the data you previously installed already been deleted and then the phone will then return to its original factory fresh default settings.
How to Use CF Root
- Check the information from Setting > About Phone for Baseband version, Kernel version and Build Number
- Make a note about Kernel version. For example : 220.127.116.11-i9100xwke7-cl215725 root@DELL103 #2. The bold letter is Kernel version. It can be various in cellphones
- Download Odin and CF Root, which are compatible with your Kernel version. Can be download at here
- Extract Odin
- Extract CF Root until you find the .tar file
- In your cellphone, change to USB Debugging Mode from Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging
- Power off the cellphone
- Start the cellphone into the Download Mode by pressing the volume down + menu + power button in the same time
- You will find the confirmation of Download Mode. To continue press the volume up button. To cancel press the volume down button
- Open Odin on your PC
- Connect the cellphone to PC by USB cable. Samsung Kies should be turned off or exit first
- In Odin make sure to uncheck the Re-Partition
- Click the PDA button and select the CF Root .tar file
- Click the Start button
- Wait until it finish. After finish, the cellphone will be reboot automatically
- Unplug the USB cable
- Check the CWM and Superuser application in the Application page
- Copy CF .zip file to your cellphone / SD card
- If the cellphone can’t be detected on your PC, please try to unplug the USB cable and disable the USB Debugging Mode
- After copy the file, unplug the USB cable
- Flash Kernel from CWM > Flash kernel > select the CF .zip file from your cellphone / SD card
Now your cellphone has been rooted and you can install applications, which need root. I’d done it successfully.
Download Mode = press the volume down + menu/home + power button
Recovery Mode = press the volume up + menu/home + power button
Copy URL from Browser
To Copy = Long press URL box and then select Copy Page URL
To Paste = Long press the text box and then select Paste
Press home + power button at the same time and quick release the power button. The result can be seen at Galery
View Currently Running Application
Long press the home button and then new window will be pop up. It contains 6 recent applications.