* I will update this post regarding the file hostings
I was shocked this morning, right after woke up. It was like bomb had been dropped of sky. Megaupload has been shutdown by US prosecutors on Thursday, 19 January 2012. The founder and several company executives were charged with violating piracy laws. I don’t know for how long MU will be shutdown. Is it only for temporary or for good ? Will it happen to other file hosting too ? If yes, I think the world will be in silent mode and no use to have internet access. We will be back to 60’s or 70’s. Yesterday, I knew the English Wikipedia took part in a 24-hours shutdown in protest against SOPA and PIPA.
I only hope the good news will come up soon.
Update news :
20 January 2012
- Few hours ago the download access in FileServe has been blocked for 24 hours, although we can still login. I think it’s to avoid the shutdown by US prosecutors. So, let’s we’re cooling down for few days to prevent the worst case comes up again
- FileSonic still works fine until now
21 January 2012
- FileServe works fine now
- FBI Anti-Piracy Warning for Megaupload.com
23 January 2012
- Now in FileSonic we can only upload and retrieve our personal files. All sharing functionality has been disabled
24 January 2012
- Now in FileServe we can only upload and retrieve our personal files. All sharing functionality has been disabled
03 February 2012
- Just noticed that the files in FileServe are deleted yet. But, now they use DirectHttp to download it and still can be resumed.